Does your room seem to be missing that certain something? Whether your room seems a little small, dark or unfinished, a mirror can help enhance your space in many ways. Discover three ways of how a mirror can enhance and improve any room.
1. A Mirror Improves the Light
Is your room in an odd corner of the home without many natural windows? One way to enhance natural light is through a mirror.
A mirror placed strategically can reflect the natural light or a light source to bounce light throughout the room and maximise the available light.
One sure way to do this is to hang a mirror across from or adjacent to a window. Always make sure that the reflected light doesn’t get in people’s eyes. You can experiment with different angles and positions to ensure that your mirror reflects the light properly and isn’t too overwhelming.
If your room doesn’t have a window or the window is located in an odd spot, you can put the mirror next to a lamp or chandelier.
Additionally, the size of the mirror can play a part. A big mirror will usually reflect the most light, but if you like smaller mirrors, strategic placement or various designs can often provide the same effect that a large mirror would.
Play around with the mirrors in your room to discover what amount of light is comfortable for you. Whether you prefer just a bit more light or sun streaming through the room, a mirror can help achieve that.
2. A Mirror Flatters the Décor
If your room doesn’t seem to have the finishing touch, a mirror can provide that.
A mirror can function as a:
- Table centrepiece
- Focal point
- Décor contrast
Whether you want to just have one large mirror to complete the overall décor or several mirrors throughout the room to go along with the décor, your possibilities are endless.
3. A Mirror Enhances the Space
If you have a small room that you want to help seem larger, a mirror can help with that. A mirror, by simply reflecting the space around it, provides an illusion of more space.
Use these factors when deciding how to best enlarge your space:
- Size: Large mirrors will almost always create the illusion of more space the best, but small mirrors, especially grouped together or on top of each other, can provide unique angles and perspectives that enhance the illusion of a room’s space.
- Length: The longer a mirror is, the more room you’ll seem to have. Go for floor-length mirrors for the best effect.
- Angle: A unique angle, such as propping a mirror on its side, can provide distinctive illusions of space.
- Position: Want to make a portion of the room seem larger? The proper position can help do that. You can do anything from putting your mirror on top of a mantel to propping it next to a small corner.
A room can go from small and tight to big and spacious—all with the help of a mirror.
Call the Mirror Experts Today
A mirror can do wonders for any room. From acting as decoration to enhancing the light, mirrors are a simple means of improving your space.
And at South Melbourne Glass, we can help by cutting, glazing and installing mirrors in your home. We can provide framed, frameless, traditional or modern mirrors in whatever design you want. Call us today to discover what mirror styles and designs we have available, or let us know what custom design you want for your home décor. We look forward to meeting all your glass design needs.